Cedar Lodge Nursing Home
Reports to: Head Cook
Responsible to: Proprietor and Home Manager
Minimum Qualifications: Basic Food Handling Certificate (Hygiene)
Experience in catering for a group of people
Under the direction of the Head Cook the Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for the highest standard of cleanliness in the nursing home. The job holder will support good Equal Opportunities practice in line with the Home’s policies and guidelines.
Duties · Washing up of Crockery, Cutlery and all cooking equipment
· Cleaning of all kitchen area and equipment
· Vegetable preparation
· Sandwich preparation
· Preparing of tea time meal e.g. cooked meal and soup
· Serving of the tea time meal
· To assist the cook under supervision
· To check, store and log all deliveries.
· To maintain sufficient supplies of cutlery and crockery
· To care for patients’ property and that belonging to the home as directed
· To maintain a working knowledge of Conditions of Service, Health and Safety, Fire Regulations, Infection Control and all other appropriate policies of the home.
· To attend lectures, courses and in house training as required to enhance the service provided by the home.
· To support the homes Quality Assurance and Improvements initiatives.
· To undertake such duties as may be required appropriate to the grade of the post.
This job description is not exhaustive and is subject to review. It may be amended from time to time after discussion and after consideration of the development of the service.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
- 6 months experince: 1 year (Required)
- Erdington, West Midlands (Preferred)
- Offerd Salary£30,000 - £50,000
- Career LevelOthers